Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Should the people who are successful be treated fairly, too?

I suppose I can't let this election go without posting at least one interesting politically charged topic go by.

One of the proposals out on the table, I won't mention who is championing it by name, is that we tax people who make more than $250,000 more heavily.

I found this article, on the Fortune Magazine's website, that gives a perspective on who these "rich" people are.

I'm always worried when plans that come up that make those who work hard and excel pay extra for working hard and excelling. Don't they deserve fair treatment at the very least?

You should also look closely at the chart of the distribution of the amount of taxes paid by the higher income brackets. Taxes are already largely disproportionately paid by the upper brackets.

No comments: