Sunday, April 04, 2010

Gone Fishing

Lately, I’ve just been sharing links to articles or other blog entries that I’ve found interesting. In an attempt to keep this as more of a blog than a Internet Travel Log, I’m going to attempt to generate better content.

To that ends, I’m going to post some interesting pictures that I take. I recently got a new camera.  It’s a Fuji Finepix S1800. I’ll post a more intense review later as I learn the ins and outs of it.

We went to the aquarium the other day and I got a couple of nice pictures. I thought I start out my new blogging resolution with these:

DSCF0189

The picture above was untouched.  I thought the camera did a decent job.

DSCF0195

This lion fish picture has had an auto contrast filter applied. The original contrast wasn’t that much different, but I wanted to see how different the cameras “natural” settings were from Picasa’s auto contrast filter.

Feel free to comment and let me know what you think about the way cameras process images versus photo editing software. I think I may also look at the different ways photo editing/cataloging software treat images.

No comments: